Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My experience buying a Dell U2711 from Dell India

Update: September 9

Here are some more photos with the service tag numbers and other information


My experience buying a Dell U2711 from Dell India
My experience buying a Dell U2711 from Dell India
My experience buying a Dell U2711 from Dell India
My experience buying a Dell U2711 from Dell India


Update: September 8

I had another conversation with the Dell India Customer Care. This time I talked to an individual named John Mathew. He pretty much told me something extraordinary. He said that the replacement model offered by Dell is not required to be exactly the same model so I would have to take what they have to offer to me.

30th June

Ordered a Dell U2711 LCD Monitor from Dell Direct - Person contacted: Rachna Khetarpal.

Got the delivery. But, in about a weeks time the right side of the screen started showing a yellow tinge. Called up customer care and spoke to a customer care representative named Seema Gladston who stated that the monitor will be replaced.





They sent me a replacement. But it turned out to be some 24” model. Not a U2711 which is of course a 27” model!

Date 28th July

Letter from Seema apologizing for the sending the wrong monitor.

Date 6th September

The second monitor comes in and again they have sent a wrong model. They sent me a unit of model 2707WFP.

My experience buying a Dell U2711 from Dell India

Date 7th September

After trying unsuccessfully with the customer care i called up Rachna who had this to say to me-

"They the same - why don't u use it - it is a 27 inch screen".

In case you do not know about the Dell U2711, it is a premium category HD monitor that costs almost twice as much as other brands available in the market for this size. I paid the price for a premium segment display that supposedly came with a premium replacement warranty. Apparently, this is the kind of warranty Dell India is giving its customer base.

During all this time no one in customer care or tech support was able to give me fixed delivery dates or a confirmed final solution to this problem. And this is after spending 2 to 3 hours on each call.

I still don't have an answer from the customer care - tech support or Rachna Khetarpal. I still am waiting to get this monitor replaced which has developed major defects and is practically unusable.

If anyone at Dell wants to communicate with me to get this problem sorted out, please feel free to email me at: ssssharan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment