Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update: Another problem with my Dell U2711 Display

Update:

Got a call from Dell India team once again. Here is what they told me happened.

Apparently Dell India support team does not have access to external sites. So they were not able to access the photos hosted on Imgur domain. @dellcares operates on Twitter so they of course have complete access to the web. It’s a shame that Dell India blocks access to the internet from their customer support team. I mean we are in 2012. I had to send them photos as attachments to them because they could not access them online. How is one supposed to show them problems through videos? Send them the complete video file? I included a YouTube link in my mail. I guess they were not able to check it as well.

She said that she was able to see the problem from the photo attachments and she is going to send me a replacement. I guess I was being excessively rude to the Indian support team for something that was purely a technical issue caused by the IT team of Dell India. I apologize.

----

I am facing issues with my Dell U2711 LCD Display again. There are two minor dark patches that the top of the screen.

As usual, I avoided dealing with Dell India customer care team and contacted the Dell Cares Twitter account which I believe is managed by their US team.

It took a while but the problem was confirmed after sending a bunch of screenshots. They referred my complaint to the Indian guys.

Just got a call from Dell India folks and the response I got? They cannot see the problem I am complaining about.

Here are some of the photos I sent them:







I am not sure what is not visible in these photos.

Just recorded this video. Might help. I doubt though.

No comments:

Post a Comment